Today In 355: Julian the Apostate Became Caesar

Julian was the last pagan emperor - in addition he tried to revive the philosophical schools at Athens, and started work on the Third Temple in Jerusalem, as well as writing letters complaining about pollution in the sea ... those are just some of the things that make him such a fascinating figure.

If you enjoyed this video by Adrian Murdoch, check out his book on The Emperors of Rome; Kindle UK, Kindle US, etc

Adrian has also written a very good and highly readable biography of Julian which I cannot recommend enough. It is now available on Kindle as well as paperback:

The Last Pagan: Julian the Apostate and the End of the Roman world - Kindle UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.