Vampires and Garlic ...

Probably the only medical study of the effects of garlic on vampires:
Vampires are feared everywhere, but the Balkan region has been especially haunted. Garlic has been regarded as an effective prophylactic against vampires. We wanted to explore this alleged effect experimentally. Owing to the lack of vampires, we used leeches instead.
I use a lot of garlic in cooking. We don't keep crucifixes at home, but the garlic seems to have protected us from Vampires ... so far!

Since today is Halloween, we'll be going Vampire today with a series of posts covering everything about their archaeology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.