10.30.2014

Praise From Someone I Respect

My attitude to press and the internet is that it's better to ignore praise as well as condemnation, as both can drive you mad.

Yes, I looked a mess on Alpha TV as I've been ill and have a temperature, but I'm not vain enough to care. But I did try to 'pull myself together' as best I could in the twenty minutes between being told it was video not a phone call, and recording the segment - because I am vain enough to do that, didn't want to scare the viewers, and doing so is a common courtesy.

What I do appreciate is praise from someone I respect, and Adrian was kind enough to read the first few sections of the book. It's the first feed-back I've received, so I'm over the moon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.