10.15.2014

UPDATED Photos: Jobar and Jewish Damascus, Syria

A recent visitor to Syria very kindly sent these photos, as he too felt that it was important to share and remember the Jewish heritage there.

I will post more when I have removed identifying information. Although the Assad government preserved synagogues and the rebels at Jobar are going out of their way to care for the synagogue there, I believe it is better not to post faces in case the situation changes. None of these houses contain Jews any more.

UPDATE - please not I should have made it clear that the bottom photos are of Aleppo.














































































No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.