Kol Nidrei

Although I have no ancestral link to Morocco, I have been going there at least once a year for a long time. At this time of year I'd like to share this beautiful Moroccan Kol Nidrei, and encourage everyone to visit the country.

Although often described as a prayer, Kol Nidrei is in fact both a legal contract and an invitation to those that have sinned but resolved their differences to return to the fold as the Book of Life is closed. Like many of the oldest Jewish songs, it is in Aramaic rather than Hebrew.

The same Cantor, Eyal Bitton has also recorded this haunting High Holiday liturgical poem or Piyut from Morocco.

His recordings are available through his web site: Eyal Bitton - Composer, Cantor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.