9.29.2014

Sarah E. Bond: Visualizing Roman Weights, Measures, and Money

One of the most confusing things about teaching Roman daily life can be the conversion of weights, measures, and money. Tomorrow, my Petronius class begins a small unit on Apicius, and thus they will need to know about all the units used in Roman recipes. I put this powerpoint together for them, but it may be useful to anyone teaching or learning about Rome. It is a visualization of Faas' Appendix from Around the Roman Table, with some extra notes on Apicius thrown in.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.