Exhibition: Departure by Xavier Mascaró @ Saatchi

I loved the exhibition of bronzes by Spanish sculptor Xavier Mascaró. Influenced by everything from Egyptian funerary boats to Benin bronzes to ancient coins to statues of Buddha, this is his first – one hopes of many more – exhibitions in London.

Departure: Xavier Mascaró

3 September - 5 October 2014

Incidentally, although some naughty blonde occasionally tells tourists that the puppy with a balloon is part of the exhibition, and although she can often be seen there ... she is not. Yes, everyone says that Ellie belongs in a circus, but I'd rather see her in the Saatchi gallery – there's far more money in contemporary art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.