8.22.2014

Amphipolis ...

I'll try to do a proper post or two about Amphipolis over the week-end, but just to be clear again I won't be 'revealing' any information that the fabulous archaeologists working there have not publicly released.

For updates, I refer people to the Ministry of Culture press releases:

Υπουργείο Πολιτισμού και Αθλητισμού - Δελτία Τύπου


If journalists wish to contact the excavators, the way to do so is through the Ministry of Culture - and to reiterate what they themselves have said: no, you can't turn up and tour the site, no matter how important you think you are.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine who is actually working on the excavation told me that the tomb has probably been looted. The fact is that Peristeri does not understand why an already looted place was walled-up. More: two other secondary entries seem to have been localized among which the one is recent because it is a badly re-corked opening practised by looters not long ago. The archaeologists, who seem overtaken by the too big mediatization of information hope that at least a part of the site was able to escape the looters not to disappoint public expectations. It is indeed about a discovery the stakes economic, political and even symbolic in which are very important for a country in full bankruptcy.

    ReplyDelete

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.