3.25.2014

Research 101: the Boolean Search

I go out of my way to answer any sensible questions colleagues or students email me but ... possibly because I've been getting a bit exasperated by some of them and I've answered a few recently by suggesting to the correspondent "just Google it" ...

Yes there's a lot of nonsense of Google, but there is also a lot of valuable information with just a few strokes of a keypad. The secret? Using a Boolean Search.

I feel that this is one of those very basic things that everyone should have picked up, but for those that did not, here is a simple Word guide from the University of Kent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.