11.04.2013

Overly Pleasing ...

I don't know the secret to happiness, but try to please all the people all the time is a sure way to fail. And make oneself miserable.

As lot of girls are raised according to that archetype "to please" and sometimes when they become adult women they continue to try to do so to an extreme ... which can be infuriating to the rest of us. Often it's better to simple say what you want rather than hope to guess what others want you to want.

@Philippa_Perry: If you try to people please too much, it's annoying, rather than pleasing, here's how to stop: http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/11/02/4-pointers-for-using-mindfulness-to-stop-people-pleasing/

Philippa Perry is a therapist who talks sense, so ... I highly recommend her article and her books, which are easy to read and widely available through Amazon, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.