Archaeology on TV ...

I knew of the old radio series on the radio which featured scholars such as Bernard Ashmole discussing Greek sculpture, but wasn't aware of this fabulous series, which the BBC has just made available on iPlayer.

Tweet: @DorothyKing: "Sir Mortimer and Magnus" - we need to bring back this sort of BBC series, ie just an archaeologist in conversation! http://t.co/GpIBRe8RAp

In short it is the legendary Sir Mortimer Wheeler and Magnus Magnusson sitting in a living room, discussing archaeology, with no fancy reconstructions, not much editing, but plenty of intelligent conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.