10.12.2011

Hercules Re-United


Two fragments of a statue of Heracles, excavated at Perge in Southern Turkey have finally been re-united at Antalya Museum - twenty years after they should have been, but that's what happens when someone loots a site, sells half the statue to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, and the MFA buries its head in the sand an refuses to return "its" half ... I still don't understand how anyone at the MFA thought they could justify keeping a clearly looted piece, and hiding behind the dealer's clearly faked provenance.

Reunited with other half, Heracles goes on display - Today's Zaman

1 comment:

  1. I found some of the interesting facts from your topic.Its really very nice.Keep sharing like this.
    Treadmill India

    ReplyDelete

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.