The morning after the nights before ...

One neighbour, who survived the Blitz, announced she was off to Sloane Square to fight off any rioters with her broom ... Others suddenly decided they needed lead pipes / axes / hammers for DIY they've been meaning to do, and trotted off this morning to Travis Perkins, the local builders' merchants ...
I stayed put, and our 'hood largely escaped damage (only one pub hotel was damaged badly). After numerous offers from friends to come stay with them in the country, or on a street with armed guards (there are some armed police in London), I'm giving in - Ellie and I are off for a few days until things calm down.
But for those following the London riots, we have a huge police presence. This is a photo I just took of Sloane Square. The Metropolitan police are doing an amazing job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.