7.13.2011

The Sword of Judith ...

William St Clair has long been involved in the wonderful Re:Enlightenment Project, and I loved the book on Judith they published last year.
http://www.openbookpublishers.com/product.php/28/
The idea of the book is that rather than simply producing a print edition of the multi-disciplinary study of the heroine that slew Holofernes, they would also produce an online version with links to further images, sources and academic articles in journals. Kindle ebooks seem to be just digital versions of print, but this project shows how much more one can achieve with a little creativity.
William kindly provided me with a copy of the book, which I very much enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.