6.16.2011

"Fear" for Libya’s Roman Archaeological Sites

Another day, another news story ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle-east/fear-for-libyas-roman-ruins/2011/06/15/AGlDYTWH_story.html
So here's a clarification via Blackberry:
Anti-Gadaffi Libyan archaeologists have told me that there is graffiti but no damage to the sites in western Libya, and claims of them being used as military encampments by the regime digging in are not true.
From the Allied side I am being told by a very senior aide, off the record, that everything possible will be done to avoid hitting archaeological sites in Libya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.