3.10.2011

Is it okay to buy Dior?

Maybe the collection after next, when it's no longer designed by John Galliano - because although Dior acted swiftly and deserves a lot of credit in my book, it's still quite shocking how many fashion folk are making excuses for him still. Hopefully rehab will help him with his drug / alcohol issues, but it cannot cured bigotry or ignorance. Gays were gassed before Jews by Hitler so any gay man who 'loves' the dapper dictator is a fool.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/mar/06/ask-hadley-john-galliano-antisemitism?cat=lifeandstyle&type=article

What about older Galliano creations? I have a beautiful black suit from him, which flatters me and draws countless compliments whenever I wear it. I've been planning a huge wardrobe purge on eBay which I keep putting off because I'm so torn about whether to include the suit or not ... It's my favorite outfit but I loathe Galliano's views. That's hardly a great conundrum in an age when Libyans are dying fighting for freedom but I will admit that my vanity is winning right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.