11.12.2010

How Dogs Help Veterans Cope With PTSD

How Dogs Help Veterans Cope With Post-Traumatic Stress - Video - TIME.com

I got Ellie to help me with my PTSD, and of all the therapies that were recommended, she's been the most beneficial. I'd have to go out and walk her, even when I just felt like hiding under the duvet, she's shown me nothing but love, and I've met more people in the neighbourhood since I got her than I knew in the 30+ years I'd lived there before. And she's helped bring the family back together.

Dogs are increasingly being used to treat PTSD in the US - with assistance dog status and tags - and my experience is that this is an initiative worth supporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.