9.04.2010

BM Selling Antiquities ...?

I find this story amazing. Apparently it took the PAS months to stop the British Museum shops from selling modern jewelry made incorporating metal detector antiquities finds. I have no objection to legal antiquities being sold, as long as they were reported to the PAS etc, but ... The British Museum should not be selling antiquities! Can you imagine the how they would be cataloged if re-sold? "Bought from the BM"? Well done to the wonderful PAS for stepping in and putting an end to this nonsense.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/artsales/7973297/Jewellery-that-tainted-British-Museum-shop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.