The Jewish 'Western Cemetery' Queen's Elm Parade, South Kensington, London

I've been interested in this cemetery for a few years, but have still not had the opportunity of visiting it ... so today I perched on a utility company box and took some photos over the wall!

It's a 19th century Victorian cemetery in use from 1815 to 1884, located between Fulham Road, Old Church Street and South Parade, and was the final resting place of a number of Jews, but other than that I know nothing about it.

I also have not been able to find any photos of it, so here's a small selection ....


  1. Hi
    Nice blog and photos! if you want to know more about the history of the cemetery you can find details on the CemeteryScribes website here http://www.cemeteryscribes.com/showmedia.php?mediaID=1643 and all the legible tombstones have been recorded (inscription, photo and mini family trees) on the same site www.cemeteryscribes.com

  2. Do you know who's in charge of this cemetery?


I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.