I excavated here ....

I've been playing on Google Earth, looking at sites to do with Artemisia, and then it struck me that the best way to convince people that there are actually things to see in Sparta would be to show a photo of the site.

Big theater in the top left quadrant (a unique mix of the Roman and Greek types in Virtuvius), with a temple of Athena Chalkioikos just above it to the NE. Also, you might be able to pick out the Roman stoa (bottom right), and where I think the unexcavated agora is at the top right.

This is just one archaeological zone in Sparta, the city's acropolis, and there are several others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.