Antiquities Dealer = Terrorist?

The Greek government tried to extradite him by invoking "an anti-terrorist measure called a European Arrest Warrant (EAW)" - there are two sides to every story, but the way this one was handled sounds ... dubious at best.

Greek court gives UK dealer three years in prison
- The Antiques Trade Gazette

Although I've heard many claims that antiquities looting and smuggling funds terrorism, I've never seen any real evidence of this other than on a local level (i.e. finds sold locally for small sums by insurgents in a few countries such as Afghanistan).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.