12.20.2008

Pirate Recipes: Molotov Cocktails

I love this story: Chinese ship uses Molotov cocktails to fight off Somali pirates - The Telegraph


There are a few 'secrets' to Molotov Cocktails:

a) do not use champagne bottles. I know they might look more elegant, but the glass is reinforced because of the gas in this wine, and won't break when thrown, a key part of the Molotov Experience. Use a bottle made of thin glass. Also do not use plastic bottles, as these do not break, and are not eco-friendly.

b) although the original Finnish design called for long storm matches as the ignition element, pre-soaked rags work better.

c) add a dash of laundry detergent; the cheaper the better, rather than name brands such as Daz.

And if you still get caught by pirates, follow the example of Julius Caesar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.