8.11.2008

On Musculature ....

Anyone who has ever worked on Greek sculpture will probably have the same reaction to the athlete on the right - wow.

I'd always assumed that this sort of muscle definition around the iliac crest / hips and abdomen could only be achieved by men. In fact, I'm sure if a section of a sculpture of her torso were found in an excavation - say from just below the bust down, minus you know what - absolutely everybody would without question catalogue it as coming from a man.

















via Yahoo Sport - caption:

BEIJING - AUGUST 11: Ana Paula Conelly and Larissa Franca of Brazil celebrate a point against Natalia Uryadova and Alexandra Shiryaeva of Russia during the beach volleyball event at the Chaoyang Park Beach Volleyball Ground on Day 3 of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games on August 11, 2008 in Beijing, China. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.