The Pope's Ruby Slippers

I did a post on the Papal slippers a while back, and the Vatican has confirmed what I suggested at the time -
the Anti-Devil Does Not Wear Prada.

The new story has however disclosed further details. For example, the papal cobbler is in fact a man "from Novara called Adriano Stefanelli, who makes them from calf or kid for the winter and nappa leather for the summer. Papal shoe repairs are carried out by Antonio Arellano, a Peruvian shoemaker in the Borgo, the medieval quarter next to St Peter's."

Adriano Stefanelli has a web site, which includes a nice selection of episcopal shoes. He made some for John Paul II.

The Pope wears Prada? That's cobblers, says the Vatican -
The Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.