6.13.2008

Obama and Generals

I like ancient generals (of the Roman kind, rather than geriatric). And Senator Obama. I do find it interesting how the two themes seem to be coming together at the moment, although since he may be our next Commander-in-Chief come January, this is not surprising.*

First we have had speculation that he will chose a military man as his VP.
Will Barack Obama choose a general as his running mate? - Telegraph.

Now we have another military man leaning his way:
Powell tells B.C. crowd he might vote for Obama -
The Globe and Mail:

Colin Powell, the former Republican secretary of state, says he is not ruling out a vote for Barack Obama, the presumed Democratic nominee for president.

* If he also gets involved in cervical cancer prevention ...
then that would be surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.