Correction - On Being an Obamacon

One of my guests has emailed me to point out that the other night I did not dress the salad in hazelnut oil, as previously stated. Whilst I often dress my salad in hazelnut oil (and a touch of sea salt), I apologise for misremembering, and potentially misleading all three readers of this blog who were not present in my living room on Wednesday night. I confused Belgravia with Basra, there was sniper fire, etc.

I am happy to clarify that I in fact dressed the salad oil with cold pressed pecan nut oil made by Leblanc at their mill in Burgundy. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any distress I may have caused the Leblanc family, and would like to assure them that I use their hazelnut oil too. Their pistachio oil is very good on freshly sliced tomatoes. And their pine nut oil is wonderful when added to pesto sauce. I loathe walnuts, but am sure that if I did not, I would love their walnut oil too.

Huilerie Leblanc
6 rue Jacob, Paris 75006 (Metro: Saint-Germain-des-Prés)
Tel. 01 46 34 61 55

I don't know of any UK stockists, but there are several in the US, including some on Amazon:
J. Leblanc Hazelnut Oil and Jean LeBlanc French Pistachio Oil Stone Mill cold pressed 16 fl oz and Jean LeBlanc French Pecan Oil Stone Mill cold pressed 8 fl oz ... I'm sure you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.