Berthillon, Paris

On the little island just behind Notre Dame, the Isle St. Louis, must be one of the best ice cream shops anywhere in the world - Berthillon.

Several other places in the area serve some of their flavors, which change seasonaly, but I prefer to go to their own shop or tea room. Last week I managed to make several pilgrimages there, and 'forced' myself to sample various flavors .... The fig I found too sweet, the wild strawberry is better from the shop (it has whole wild strawberried, which their tea room one does not), and my favorite would be the salty caramel.

Raspberry with roses;
wild strawberry (without whole fruit).
Gianduja chocolat with orange;
prune with Armagnac.

29 rue saint Louis en l'île

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.