Afghanistan Rediscovered: Begram

A couple more items found at Begram, which were in the Guimet exhibition.

Maple Leaf
Begram, field II, room 10
1st century
Bronze, traces of gilding
12 x 12.6 cm
Musée National d’Afghanistan – MK 04.1.64

Round medallion with high relief bust of a winged Eros - this is pretty sophisticated in terms of the way the body is represented, and withour a contect I would have assumed it was post-Renaissance.
Begram, field II, room 13
1st century
16.5 cm
Musée National d’Afghanistan – MK 04.1.117

All photos © Thierry Ollivier / musée Guimet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.