Recipes: Barbara Bush's Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I made Barbara Bush' Chocolate Chip Cookies, and took them to a friend's house. All the guests were Democrats (and very anti Bush), but despite telling them the origins of the recipe, they all loved the cookies. It's a great recipe, very easy and I highly recommend it.

From the 1992 campaign. The recipe:

Yield - three dozen cookies


1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon hot water
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract - or grated vanilla pods
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips - I use real chips not the drops (see photo)


Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and egg until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Beat in hot water and vanilla.
Gradually beat in flour, baking soda, and salt, until well blended and smooth.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by well-rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minute, or until golden.
Cool cookie sheet on a wire rack for 1 minute, then remove cookies to a rack to cool completely.

I had intended to try Hillary Clinton's recipe too, but ... although it sounded good, it contains an ingredient that may be carcenogenic and has been banned in Denmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.