Exhibition - Michelangelo

In London last week I saw the exhibition of Michelangelo Drawings at the British Museum.

A study by Michelangelo for the figure of Haman on the Sistine Ceiling.

He comes from the Book of Ester - according to the Bible he was hung on a cross (some read this as crucified) as punishment for having tried to kill the Jews out of wrath. So it seems appropriate to show the drawing, and continue the crucifixion theme.

I prefer to see drawings in exhibitions with the finished works next to them. Obviously that was not possible with the Sistine Chapel, so I have posted an image of the finished work below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but I remove spam, overt self-promotion ("read [link] my much better post on this") and what I consider hate speech (racism, homophobia etc).

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.